On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 12:51:12 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
I've done some COM stuff too, even interacting with vb and jscript through the IDispatch which I think will work in Excel too.

I'm crazy busy the next few days, but here's the code:

https://github.com/adamdruppe/com

I have to remember just how to use it to guide through but maybe the examples in there will help.

Thanks for this. The original windows api header port has disappeared from the original source, but I used Rikki Cattermole's fork. Worked fine, except I had to change const for GUID in a couple of places.

Do you have any thoughts on automating the generation of IDL files? If I understand correctly, I need these to be able to call a COM object from a dynamic language like VB. Or did you just generate these by hand when you called from javascript ?

Laeeth