On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 07:41:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 6/23/15 12:29 AM, Baz wrote:
On Friday, 19 June 2015 at 22:47:03 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
Walter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znjesAXEEqw
Brian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmFyB9e7edw
Daniel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5daHGXSetXk

I've only just started watching but the editing seems to be well done
so thanks to UVU for that.

What did happen at 16' during Bright Talk ? Seemed hilarous however the
language barrier stopped me here.

The mouse pointer was right there in the middle of the projected slides. It took me 16 minutes to not stand it anymore, after which I went and moved it aside. -- Andrei

It's an interesting thing: the relationship between intrinsic personality traits, 'deformation professionnelle' and the problem domain. Were someone unable to assess quality in language design, a degree of obsessiveness would be one thing he might want to see in a designer given the long separation of gratification from seeing the ultimate results of good design and laying the foundation for things well.

I once worked with a chap - senior guy - who faked Aspergery traits he didn't really have in order to impress people from outside the firm (he wasn't distinguished by his quant ability, but had other things going for him). And people copy the leader, so watch out for Dconf 2020! ;) [Since it's a forum post, yes, I know you're not faking it and that it's within the normal range ;)].