Update to gen-package-version:
Automatically generate a D module with version and timestamp information
(detected from git or Mercurial/hg) every time your program or library
is built. You can also generate a DDOC macro file (using the --ddoc=dir
switch.) In-between builds will automatically have their own
VCS-generated version number, including the VCS commit hash.
Now, by default, gen-package-version will NOT re-generate the output
files if the only difference is the build timestamp. So it won't trigger
unnecessary rebuilds of your project.
Usage is easy. Pop this in your dub.json:
["dub run gen-package-version -- your.package.name --root=$PACKAGE_DIR
And then import:
writeln("My Cool Program ", packageVersion);
writeln("Built on ", packageTimestamp);
New in this version:
- Change: The generated 'packageTimestamp' is changed from ISOExt format
to human readable. The ISOExt formatted version is now called
- Change: Value for '--module=' is no longer allowed to contain periods.
- Enhancement: Basic ability to be used as a library. See the README for
- Enhancement: Add '-r|--root' to support projects in any directory, not
just the current directory.
- Enhancement: Minor improvements to '--verbose' and '--trace' outputs.
- Fixed: Don't update the version file (and thus trigger a project
rebuild) if the version file doesn't need updated. Bypass this check
with the new '--force' flag.
- Fixed: Don't rebuild gen-package-version if not needed.
- Fixed: Failure on Windows when target project is on a different drive
letter from current working directory.