On 11-Jul-2015 00:26, Joakim wrote:
On Friday, 10 July 2015 at 20:42:02 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On 10-Jul-2015 23:34, Joakim wrote:
On Thursday, 2 July 2015 at 10:26:36 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On 29-Jun-2015 06:46, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
http://arsdnet.net/this-week-in-d/jun-28.html

I should have probably said on the day one - AMA.

P.S. Thanks to Joakim for editing my stream of consciousness
into this tidy text ;)

Looks like you have a question on reddit, not sure how he reached that
conclusion though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3ck3ru/interview_with_dmitry_olshansky_author_of_ds/

Answered. Never knew it was there at all.

Oh, he's probably reacting to these two quotes:

"In the end, it turned out that UTF decoding had become the bottleneck
and it's soon to be removed."
"The key one is to remove decoding of UTF and match directly on the
encoded chars"

On second thought should have said it like "match directly on encoded characters _as if decoding_ them w/o actually going for decoded code point values". Still confusing I guess.

--
Dmitry Olshansky