On 2015-07-13 14:02:54 +0000, Steven Schveighoffer <schvei...@yahoo.com> said:

I wanted to ask, swift can call into objective-C, so does this de-facto give us a D/swift binding as well? I haven't written a single line of swift yet, so apologies if this is a stupid question.

More or less. If you define an `extern (Objective-C)` class in D (once all my work is merged), you can use it and derive from it in Swift. If you define an `@objc` class in Swift you can use it from Objective-C and from D, but you can't derive from it.

Note that the Swift ABI isn't stable yet. So the above might change at some point.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.for...@michelf.ca