On Saturday, 18 July 2015 at 13:34:55 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
Thank you for doing that.

On a related note, the paper version of the book is in proofing stage: I have just ordered a print copy for proofing. (I don't expect any major problem as what they print is the same as the pdf copy.) It should hit Amazon soon.

I am also trying to determine the price for the paper copy. Unfortunately, the threshold price for standard distribution channels came out to be a little over $17, which is almost the same as what I was hoping to sell for. Adding extended distribution channels pushes the threshold price to over $25. :(

What is a fare price for that book, considering that HTML and PDF versions will always be free anyway?

$20-$30 is the standard price for most programming books so I don't think anyone who is willing to buy physical books in the first place will think that you are charging too much.

I have started considering drastic changes to reduce the page count by

- making the font smaller (currently 10pt)

- reducing the margins

- removing the exercise solutions from the book (currently 50 pages)

Please don't. This will just make the book a lot less useful. If you make the PDF have more content than the print version there is no reason why anyone would buy the physical copy.