On 18-Aug-2015 17:32, Sergei Degtiarev wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 August 2015 at 06:52:47 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
What I don't like is perpetual being a class - too bad as it won't
honor scoping and destructor may or may not be called. Just make it a
struct.
Why do you think the destructor may not be called? It is, and it syncs
memory and unmaps the file. Making perpetual a struct would require
implementing reference counting or disabling copying, and all such
staff. In my opinion, perpetual should definitely have reference
semantics, this is exactly a point where D shines.

Class is allocated on GC heap dtor is called on collection in that sense it is a finalizer. Just use struct if you don't need inheritance and/or do resource management.

--
Dmitry Olshansky