On Tuesday, 18 August 2015 at 19:35:02 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Here's the pattern that works a lot better:
1. spend hundreds if not thousands of hours developing
something really cool
2. spend 10 minutes writing the announcement to D.announce. Be
sure to include:
who, what, where, when, why, and how
3. someone posts it to reddit
Wait, what? They did?
4. post the who, what, where, when, why and how on reddit AS
SOON AS POSSIBLE after the reddit link appears. Stuff on reddit
has a VERY SHORT shelf life. If it doesn't get action within a
couple hours, it fades into oblivion. Identify yourself as the
author, say AMA. The first one to post a comment tends to spark
and set the tone for the discussion.
Oh man, I'm like two days too late for that.
5. check back on reddit once an hour or so for the next day,
Whoa. I don't have time for that!