On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 12:38:41 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
It's not that phobos is bad, it's that we're following the same development pattern we had with C++. We're using a conservative subset of D features and libraries, and slowly expanding what's acceptable. For example, DMD now uses foreach and delegates in a few places, and I expect we'll see a lot of use of D strings in the near future.

Is there any place where this is documented? For instance, what D constructs are currently allowed, whether/which phobos imports have started to be accepted, and so on?