On Saturday, 19 September 2015 at 09:22:40 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

Please, let's stop pretending you only have to scan the GC heap. You have to scan all pointers that somehow can lead to something that can lead to something... that points into the GC heap.

Yes, good point. One should keep root ranges small too.
If we carefully use addRoot() and addRange() for data directly pointing to GC heap I think we don't need to let GC scan everything that can lead to this data. This is error-prone in general, of course.

  • Re: Go 1.5 Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Go 1.5 Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Go 1.5 thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Go 1.5 thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Go 1.... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Go 1.5 Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce