On 2015-09-19 17:56:21 +0000, thedeemon said:

If we carefully use addRoot() and addRange() for data directly pointing to GC heap I think we don't need to let GC scan everything that can lead to this data. This is error-prone in general, of course.

Well, that's a different name for malloc & free...

I don't see any value in using a GC that needs addRoot / addRange, then I can do manual memory management as well.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com

  • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Go 1.5 thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Go 1.5 thedeemon via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Go 1.... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Go 1.5 Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Go 1.5 Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Go 1.... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce