On Monday, 21 September 2015 at 19:32:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

If the compiler can prove that two pointers point to non-overlapping memory regions then the compiler can optimize better. This is one of the reasons why Fortran compilers managed to do better than C for a long time.

Interesting. Not to resurrect the older D vs. Rust thread, but I have heard it that it can be painful to do some things in Rust. D often has the ability to do unsafe things, like disable the GC. I was looking at how Rust has raw pointers and smart pointers. I'm curious as to what it is missing that is making things more difficult for people. If you or anyone has any idea.
  • Re: Go 1.5 Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: Go 1.5 Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: Go 1.5 ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Go 1.... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: Go 1.... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ola Fosheim Grostad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Go 1.5 Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce