On 09/23/2015 01:44 AM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Am 22.09.2015 um 22:18 schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
String Interpolation:

AFAICT, a string mixin is necessary to accomplish this in D, but
otherwise it works much like other languages:

// Output: The number 21 doubled is 42!
int num = 21;
     mixin(interp!"The number ${num} doubled is ${num * 2}!")

The interpolated sections are handled via std.conv.text(), so they
accept any type.

Bikeshedding requested! I'm not 100% sold on the name "interp" for this
long-term. Suggestions welcome.

An alternative idea would be to mix in a local "writeln" function, which
can then be used multiple times without syntax overhead:

mixin template interp()
     void iwriteln(string str)()
         // pretend that we actually parse the string ;)
         write("This is ");

void main()
     int somevar = 42;
     mixin interp;
     iwriteln!("This is ${somevar}.");

Yah, I think we need something like that in the stdlib. Also, we need writefln with compile-time format string (someone was working on it but I haven't heard about it in a while). -- Andrei