On Tuesday, 13 October 2015 at 20:10:22 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:

On 13.10.2015 21:44, ZombineDev wrote:

The library issues are the same for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Yes, but there is some magic involved when linking against the VS2015 CRT. To use symbols like snprintf and sscanf, you must also pass legacy_stdio_definitions.lib to the linker, which is done automatically if you use dmd as a frontend to the linker, but not cl.

Symbols _minfo_beg, _minfo_end, _deh_beg and _deh_end are only emitted by the compiler if you compile main, WinMain or DllMain. Unfortunately, compiling D's main also generates a C-style main, so it's not so easy to get these symbols if you need main in C/C++.

I would currently recommend to write main in D, and call into C/C++ from there.

I am trying (as with every new release ;)) to link static D library to existing C++ project and I am having same issue:

Error 2 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _snprintf referenced in function _D2gc6config13__T5parseHTfZ5parseFNbNiAxaKAxaKfZb C:\Users\Bravo\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\ConsoleApplication1\ConsoleApplication1\phobos32mscoff.lib(config_48f_452.obj) ConsoleApplication1

_minfo_beg, _minfo_end problems were solved by adding main() to D library so this is only porblem left. I am using Visual Studio 2012