On 10/31/15 5:24 PM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:
On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

http://dconf.org/2016/index.html

Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another,
better one.

Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei

I gave it a shot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png

/Jonas

Many thanks to both you and ponce! This is great work.

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we won't likely be able to accept either of these proposals.

The good news is Sociomantic wants to get behind the DConf logo design, more generally behind the dconf.org site design, and even more generally get more involved in helping the Foundation and the language. It will take their design team a bit longer to get things done, but they want to do it right.

There's been considerable back and forth between Sociomantic and ourselves before choosing this path. One concern was that corporate intervention risks to stifle individual contributions such as Jonas' and ponce's. We concluded that we've been roughing it long enough so a bit of structured help is welcome.

I am very sorry your work will not be used for the conference site. My hope is this decision will help the greater good.

Thanks,

Andrei