On 10/31/15 5:24 PM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
On Sunday, 25 October 2015 at 23:59:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 10/25/15 8:04 AM, ponce wrote:
On Friday, 23 October 2015 at 16:37:20 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

http://dconf.org/2016/index.html

Do you need a new logo this year? I would be happy to make another,
better one.

Yes please! Forgot to mention that. Many thanks!! -- Andrei

I gave it a shot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188292/g4421.png

/Jonas

Many thanks to both you and ponce! This is great work.

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is we won't likely be able
to accept either of these proposals.

The good news is Sociomantic wants to get behind the DConf logo design,
more generally behind the dconf.org site design, and even more generally
get more involved in helping the Foundation and the language. It will
take their design team a bit longer to get things done, but they want to
do it right.

There's been considerable back and forth between Sociomantic and
ourselves before choosing this path. One concern was that corporate
intervention risks to stifle individual contributions such as Jonas' and
ponce's. We concluded that we've been roughing it long enough so a bit
of structured help is welcome.

I am very sorry your work will not be used for the conference site. My
hope is this decision will help the greater good.

Thanks,

Andrei

Well! About that: after talking things through with Sociomantic today, we thought it's best if we let the community design the DConf logo. Sociomantic's designers are quite busy through the end of the year, and the extant proposals aren't half bad.

Sociomantic continues to be unwavering in its support for DConf and The D Language Foundation. They will design the T-shirts and the welcome package for the conference.

So, while I'm away (I'll be traveling for most of this week), please let's vote on the two DConf logo proposals and choose one for http://dconf.org.

Thanks,

Andrei