On 12/11/15 2:46 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
On 11/11/2015 01:18 PM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

This has already been talked about on D.learn. It's a very bad look
especially since this is a major addition for this release.
Hence why I have even mentioned this to Andrei.

Well, test the beta.
Both, the installer bug and the lack of allocator in win*.mak could have
easily been found.

I actually did, I didn't catch it 1) because most work was on Linux and 2) it was already copied.

Bad bad bad bad situation for us.

It's not the end of the world, but a good chance too think about how we
could use nightlies or weeklies to bridge this gap.
 From my side it's very simple to build tarballs, and when combined with
an nice install script [¹] should work.
It's more difficult to do the packaging because that relies on sensible
version tags.

[¹]: http://forum.dlang.org/post/n1v541$r99$1...@digitalmars.com

Yeah I know, its fairly simple fix, for the end user.
I'm only making a big deal of it, to get the attention that we need to sort out our practices a bit.