On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 15:58:43 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
Hello,

DlangIDE is getting close to usable.
DlangIDE is and IDE for D programming language written in D using DlangUI library.

Sweet! Glad you're back and working on this!
Was wanting to give it a shot, but typing } on my keyboard (german layout, right-alt + 0) did not actually insert the character into the opened document, so I gave up. Most of the UI stuff looks really neat (especially like the directory structure preview when creating a new project/workspace), but obviously still needs a lot of work (you cannot drag dialogs around, fe). One of the things I did manage to try was putting a readln() into the standard hello-world-console-app preset. Turns out that it causes dlangide to hang up because it's not actually possible to have user input (or to configure dlangide to start the project separately so a regular console window appears). Killing the started process also was not possible since the respective option to stop debugging is still grayed out.

From the looks of it, this is very promising though. I like the Workspace layout and the general feel of the IDE (very responsive, very clean) and it all kind of makes me wish it wouldn already have enough features (especially debugging!) to be a viable option.

I still haven't written much D code and my time is somewhat limited, but if there are simple tasks you need to get done, I would be glad to offer help!

Here's to hoping this IDE will keep going and turn out well :-)