On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 18:18:29 UTC, default0 wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 at 15:58:43 UTC, Vadim Lopatin wrote:
Hello,

DlangIDE is getting close to usable.
DlangIDE is and IDE for D programming language written in D using DlangUI library.

Sweet! Glad you're back and working on this!
Was wanting to give it a shot, but typing } on my keyboard (german layout, right-alt + 0) did not actually insert the character into the opened document, so I gave up.

As a European, I have a secret trick about keyboards, that I "got for free" with my Kaypro-II computer (the blue-key version), back in 1984.

Always use the en-US keyboard when programming. Period!

Keys, such as []{}\/?|*$ etc. are in very handy and quick places. The inventors of programming languages and operating systems have put the most used characters in easy-to-reach keys. -- And on top of it, all of the funky key combinations just work.

On Linux, I merely press both Shifts to temporarily switch to my native language, which I only need for text strings, nothing else. I'd expect Windows and Mac to provide something similar.

After a couple of weeks, you'll never look back.