On 12/11/2015 10:13 PM, Joakim wrote:
Of course, it's all about trade-offs: I find myself surprisingly comfortable
with this small 8.4" diagonal screen, others may not be.  The bluetooth keyboard
repeatedly loses a couple keystrokes when starting typing after a minute's
break, which appears to be a known Android problem.  Chrome on Android will
annoyingly not save your zoom level for various websites, as the desktop version
does, which is particularly needed for this high-resolution display, meaning I
repeatedly have to Ctrl-+ or pinch-zoom on sites over and over again to get the
right text zoom back.  I do have split-screen multi-window for many apps, as
it's a flagship Samsung tablet.

Desktop Android's certainly not there yet for everybody, but it is for my
admittedly low demands, and soon will be for everybody, as google has said
they're working on built-in multi-window for the next version of Android.

One aspect (for me, anyway) is in order to program, I need a big screen, because I have several windows open at once. I've gotten so used to it it is very hard for me to program with a small display. And to think that when I started, 24*80 displays were the norm for a good decade! But then I'd print out a paper listing as a supplement, and spread that out over a big table.

I also cannot type from a cramped airline seat. I have never successfully done any work on an airplane. But reading a book on a tablet works just ducky.

And I have a laptop, a small tablet, and a large tablet.