On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 18:56:07 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
I still have to disagree with you that the example I submitted was fair. Accessing global memory in D is going to be much slower than accessing stack memory, […]

What leads you to this belief? (Beyond cache locality considerations, which are not so important if the data is large.)

and sense most std.ndslice calculations are going to be on the stack, I believe my benchmark is indicative of normal use.

Your iota example does not read the data from memory at all (neither stack nor heap), instead computing it on the fly.

 — David