On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 01:03:49 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 00:24:51 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 18:56:07 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
I still have to disagree with you that the example I submitted was fair. Accessing global memory in D is going to be much slower than accessing stack memory, […]

What leads you to this belief? (Beyond cache locality considerations, which are not so important if the data is large.)

The example in the article and the example I submitted to DlangScience/examples have very different speeds: https://github.com/DlangScience/examples/blob/master/mean_of_columns.d

Article example:                  5 µs
DlangScience example:  145 µs

Both when compiled with LDC

To be clear: there is NO data in Article example. Only CPU registers are used. It is not fair. -- Ilya