Am 04.01.2016 um 16:01 schrieb bachmeier:
On Monday, 4 January 2016 at 10:19:52 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Finally published the article that I had prepared in autumn last year.
It gives an overview of the basic functionality needed to implement a
typical web application using vibe.d. The example uses Redis as a data
store - using other storage solutions may be a good topic for a
follow-up article.

https://vibed.org/blog/posts/a-scalable-chat-room-service-in-d

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3ze948/writing_a_scalable_chat_room_service_in_d/

This is nice work. You've done a good job of showing the power of vibe.d.

Something that comes to mind is that there is a lot of demand for
self-hosted chat servers. Is there a possibility to make this into an
example that works out of the box? By that, I mean someone could install
vibe.d on a DigitalOcean server, type "vibe chat start" at the command
line, and have a running chat service. That would lead to a lot of
vibe.d installs, and then when they want to change something, they could
jump into your tutorial and see how easy it is to do. To my knowledge,
there is nothing like this available.

That would certainly work, I've uploaded each step of the tutorial to GitHub [1]. Something like "git clone https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/webchat-tutorial.git && dub --root=webchat-tutorial" should do it.

However, there are a lot of details missing that would be desirable for a real-world application, such as adding time stamps, restricting history length, making a nicer UI and some kind of authentication or nickname stealing prevention.

[1]: https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/webchat-tutorial/tree/master/tutorial