On Wednesday, 6 January 2016 at 02:39:08 UTC, rcorre wrote:
I'll have to look into that. If you're saying D does that by default for debug builds -- the alpha release _is_ a debug build
Sorry, it was a bit unclear. I meant that:
- A console window is only meaningful in debug builds, so it should be disabled in release builds. - Debug binaries should not be published, as they are meant for development only. They execute contracts, unittests and code in "debug" statements, which slow down the app and are useless for an end-user.

DMD makes a console application by default, no matter what build profile is used.
Here's a relevant thread:

It's suggested there to use "-L/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS" switch in DMD command line when linking under Windows.