On Sunday, 31 January 2016 at 00:13:46 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
NB: tagged commit has 2.069 in VERSION file resulting in built compiler reporting wrong version. I have added a workaround in packaging script for now but would be nice to fix that in 2.070.1

It's already fixed in master, but no one has touched the stable branch yet. I have a PR to that end, though:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/5382

Note it's not just about what version DMD reports it is, but also about what name is given to the phobos shared library files (which use VERSION to generate a unique filename).

(On that note: the shared library filenames seem to consistently be of the form `libphobos2.so.0.xx.0` where xx derives from the compiler minor version number. Just wondering where the preceding and trailing 0's come from; shouldn't the filename reflect better both the major and point version numbers?)