On Monday, 8 February 2016 at 13:23:40 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
I just started using unit-threaded and I like it so far,
specially the parallel runner. Just had some speed-bumps that
might be worth noting.
Before going into details I want to mention that I am not using
it the way it is supposed to be used, which voids me from
warranty I suppose.
From what I gather the normal way would be to create separate
test-files with test-cases and unittest blocks inside them,
completely separate from normal code.
Two things that made me go in the opposite direction was dub and
So I don't have separate test files; I have the unittest blocks
interspersed with code. Because I don't want to include
unit_threaded in production code I ended up doing this:
Which is redundant, but I need the import outside the unittest
for the UDA, and I don't want the import to show up in production
Then to get `dub test` to run unit_threaded I had to create a
small program that discovers all modules and generates a
testrunner.d file in the source directory, which gets picked up
by dub. So now instead of `dub test` I call `rdmd test.d`, which
generates the testrunner.d and calls dub test.
I feel I am going against the grain here.