On Wednesday, 9 March 2016 at 23:31:04 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 March 2016 at 22:17:39 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
system for my personal projects), I can totally sympathize with the annoyances of using a dynamically-typed language, as well as dodgy iterator designs like __next__. (I've not had to deal with __next__ in Python so far, but *have* worked with C/C++ code that basically iterates that way, and it's not pretty.)

What is problematic with __next__ (Py3) and next (Py2)?

It's a pretty straight forward standard iterator design and quite different from the table pointers C++ uses.

I explain my grievances in the article.