On 2016-03-09 19:01, Atila Neves wrote:
The forum must be sick of hearing from me... :P For those not in the
know, unit-threaded is an advanced unit testing library for D:

http://code.dlang.org/packages/unit-threaded

The v0.6.3 release had tests parametrized by value; this v0.6.5 release
brings with it the possibility of parametrizing tests by type, like so:

@Types!(int, byte)
void testInit(T)() {
     assert(T.init == 0);
}

This will run the testInit code twice, once for each type, and report
them as separate tests:

tests.pass.attributes.testInit.int:
tests.pass.attributes.testInit.byte:

I've literally only written that silly testInit example yet. But imagine
how easy it'd be to test, say, different input ranges.

I'm thinking of ways of getting the parametrized tests to work with the
built-in unittest blocks. I assume it'll be hacky. Right now it's the
only thing that requires non-standard test functions and I'm trying to
augment the existing unit testing features of D instead of replacing them.

Do you have a slightly more extended example that shows how this is used?

--
/Jacob Carlborg