On Tuesday, 29 March 2016 at 15:25:27 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I anticipate 2.071.0 is going to cause a lot of deprecation messages and strange errors to occur, due to the fixes of very long-standing import bugs.

I wrote a blog post (actually my first ever) on this, let me know what you think (and please, any clarifications/errors, let me know):

http://www.schveiguy.com/blog/2016/03/import-changes-in-d-2-071/

1.
In addition, importing a module using static, renamed, or selective imports, then the module was imported publicly, even though it was supposed to be private.

Not an English speaker, but this doesn't sound right (at least stylistically). Reread it several times, but I couldn't get the meaning of the sentence, until opened bug report.

2.
With 2.070.2 and prior versions, compiling this works just fine. With 2.071.0 and above, you will get either a deprecation warning, or an error.

With 2.070.2, this compiled just fine. [...] With 2.071.0 and above, this will trigger a deprecation warning. In the future, the code will trigger an error.

In 2.070.2, this produces no warning or error. In 2.071.0 and beyond, this will produce a deprecation warning, and eventually an error.

Not sure if it's worth it to repeat after each example. Feels redundant.

3. I think it's OK to write just major compiler versions, no need for patch version: 2.070 and 2.071