On Monday, 28 March 2016 at 01:44:02 UTC, sarn wrote:
D's implementation of functional purity supports "weak" purity - functions that can mutate arguments but are otherwise traditionally pure.

I wrote a post about some of the practical benefits of this kind of purity:

https://theartofmachinery.com/2016/03/28/dirtying_pure_functions_can_be_useful.html

Nice article. A suggestion: The point about improved testability when designing for purity is well made. In D, this is further supported by the ability to write and place unit tests alongside the functions themselves. That's my personal opinion at least - because unit test are so easy to write in D, it encourages design for testability.

My suggestion is to add a note about this to the post.

--Jon