My simpledisplay.d and terminal.d, nearly zero dependency modules
to help with making windows and using terminals, respectively,
just had their modules renamed.
I haven't had a breaking change in these for many years (I add
things regularly, but in a compatible way), which is why I'm
announcing it here.
Easy fix though: change your imports from `terminal` to
`arsd.terminal` and `simpledisplay` to `arsd.simpledisplay`.
Recompile. You should be done!
The new DMD has import changes anyway so I think now is the time.
I've been wanting to change this for a long time because naked
module names - one without a package portion - I think are a bad
idea, they tend to bring troubles later, but I did it this way
The roadmaps for these include:
- Now that core.sys.windows.windows is better, I'll start using
it and switch all the API calls to Unicode and remove my ad hoc
- at the bottom of the file, there's a text portion. I'll expand
this eventually so rich text is easy to do.
- more OpenGL 3+ support
- A better event loop.
- The ScrollbackBuffer at the bottom is the terminal end of the
simpledisplay rich text output. You can use it to partition the
terminal into windows into rich text line sequences.
- The KeyEvent will become main, with the old key events being
- A better event loop that can combine with simpledisplay somehow
without an external module.
And of course, other stuff that comes up as I need it. Terminal
recently also got full-color support and more getline editing
too. These little modules do a lot!