On Thursday, 7 April 2016 at 07:44:48 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 April 2016 at 22:43:05 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
Glad to announce D 2.071.0.

I read somewhere recently about performance regressions in DMD. Were these related the import and module fixes? Were they fixed? Do they depend on any dmd switches?

Thanks anyway!

I just updated one of my projects from 2.069.0 to 2.071.0, and saw the build time jump from ~1.7s to ~2.5s. Take this single informal data point with a huge grain of salt obviously, but I am also curious about the details of this. DMD's speed is one of D's selling points to me, and I might roll back until performance improves if there isn't a straightforward fix.

Agreed though, otherwise a great release. Thanks for everyone's hard work!