On Monday, 11 April 2016 at 14:26:32 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen wrote:
On Monday, 11 April 2016 at 14:21:46 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
And porting Python code to D was incredibly easy. I'll likely blog about my experience with D).

That would be great. Do you have a link to your blog (and its rss feed)?

That would be http://blog.tenstral.net/ and http://blog.tenstral.net/feed - no D content there yet though, lots of Freedesktop and distro engineering stuff instead ^^

As part of that work, the dub package an build management system is now available in Debian, and I will ensure it works well.

Nice, that will make it a lot easier, for people that are not using D, to install D programs/packages

Jup - the biggest issue is that GDC and LDC are lagging behind the proprietary DMD compiler, especially in terms of supporting a more recent Phobos version. The latter makes many things buildable only with DMD, which won't be found in any mainstream Linux distribution (no free software).