On Monday, 15 February 2016 at 22:50:56 UTC, Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
On 2016-02-14 20:48, Eugene Wissner wrote:
I think may be we should discuss if we can/should change something in ddb. I think there were some interesting and promising ideas in this discussion. Maybe split the PostgreSQL driver and develop it seperately and use an interface more similar to JDBC. Maybe some kind of coworking with ddbc is possible to get more developers together; maybe Suliman has
some thoughts on it.

I added you and Jacob as collaborators. Please do what you think is right. Thanks.

Could anybody help me to understand how to get data as ubyte?

I found this places in sources.
https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb/commit/29070ef90ba8f8d658be50a5da4aa3c96d0cdd5a
https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb/commit/a66ff5a6aa7008235f28cce167d0ae42cc4f4df3

But I can't understand how to use it.

My code is next:

        auto cmd = new PGCommand(conn);

        cmd.query = `SELECT name, userblob FROM "USERS" ;`;

        ubyte [] x;

        try {
       auto result = cmd.executeQuery;

           foreach (row; result)
           {
                writeln(row[0]);
                x = row[1].get!(ubyte);
           }

    }
    catch (ServerErrorException e) {
        // Probably table does not exist - ignore
    }

But I am getting error:

source\app.d(28,13): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (( VariantN!20u __tmpfordtor3893 = row.opIndex(1u);
 , __tmpfordtor3893).get()) of type ubyte to ubyte[]
dmd failed with exit code 1.