On 20/04/2016 7:46 PM, Relja Ljubobratovic wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 April 2016 at 06:14:58 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
I was thinking std.math.linalg kinda seems like the right place once
std.math is split up.
There is an isolated one other than gfm.math. gl3n but I don't have
permission to relicense to Boost. Its mostly ready unfortunately.

I agree it sounds nice to have linalg package in the standard library.
Although I'm still not sure about it - I've never seen such package in
any other language's standard library. I'm not saying it's not right,
just a bit strange to me.

I only need matrices and vectors in Phobos.
Whey do I want them? Simple.

I want windowing in Phobos. Which just so happens to have contexts such as OpenGL, Vulkan and DirectX. Why does that matter? window.size * projMatrix is why. Making things just work without extra work.

And yes, Java does have a definition in its standard lib for Point which is what I need. Its just better to unify instead of separating it out.