On Thursday, 21 April 2016 at 16:13:31 UTC, Bill Baxter wrote:
Fortran has some linear algebra functions in the standard library. :-) Java and many other modern languages are pretty much actively hostile to
doing numerical computation,
so including a linear algebra package in the standard library of those
languages would just highlight how bad they are at it.
C++ has a tradition of not having a standard library for anything you might actually need to get work done, so I wouldn't follow their example.

--bb

Nice point about the Fortran, and also about the C++. :)

I'd have to say I'm convinced - if there's a vote about such module joining Phobos, count me in! :)

But really, when you look at it - the ndslice has made it to the Phobos, now it's probably natural to have some more extensive use of it in the standard library. Linear algebra stuff could be build nicely on top of the ndslice, you agree?