On Friday, 22 April 2016 at 12:07:36 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
So in the end each app will bundle all its dependency and just work no matter what the host is. Which is cool. But it will also bundle all its dependencies and you'd better accept size of your total system installation (and its RAM consumption).

I don't think it is quite as bad as it seems though, I believe the runtimes are shared and thus do not count as dependencies so it's not like each application is shipping the complete gnome runtime for example. Hopefully as additional runtimes get created the dependency issue will lessen.