On Wednesday, 27 April 2016 at 12:42:05 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
Hi,
I just wanted to share some experience of using D in industry.
Recently my little company released version 2.0 of our flagship product Video Enhancer, a video processing application for Windows, and this time it's written in D.
http://www.infognition.com/VideoEnhancer/

[snip]

DLangUI
Very nice library. Documentation is very sparse though, so learning to use DLangUI often means reading source code of examples and the lib itself, and sometimes even that's not enough and you need to learn some Android basics, since it originates from Android world. But once you learn how to use it, how to encode what you need in DML (a QML counterpart) or add required functionality by overriding some method of its class, it's really great and pleasant to use. Many times I was so happy the source code is available, first for learning, then for tweaking and fixing bugs. I've found a few minor bugs and sent a few trivial fixes that were merged quickly. DLangUI is cross-platform and has several backends for drawing and font rendering. We're using its minimal build targeted to use Win32 API (had to tweak dub.json a bit). We don't use OpenGL, as it's not really guaranteed to work well on any Windows box. Using just WinAPI makes our app smaller, more stable and avoids dependencies.

[snip]

Another reason to embrace DLangUI. One starting point would be to improve the documentation and write a few tutorials (including DML, themes etc.)