On Tuesday, 10 May 2016 at 07:44:54 UTC, Rory McGuire wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

I was listening to a discussion Don and Daniel had about the current implementation of CTFE. They talked about using a byte code interpreter. Even implementing a really crappy byte code interpreter would be a huge improvement.

--
/Jacob Carlborg

Does anyone know whether it would be worth while keeping the LLVM JIT in mind when writing this new CTFE engine?

Yes I do know the llvm jit, it is slow as a three legged dog.

But I do plan for a way of plugging it in. This is not a main priority however.