Am 20.06.2016 um 21:11 schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
On 2016-06-20 17:52, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
I'm pleased to announce the release of the first stable version of the
DUB package manager. Stable in this case means that the API, the command
line interface and the package recipe format will only receive fully
backwards compatible changes and additions for a while.

Great work :)

The main (high-level) priority for the upcoming versions will be adding
C family language build support (starting with C/C++ and ObjC). There is
a draft for how such support might look like, for anyone interested in
discussing this in prior: https://github.com/dlang/dub/wiki/DEP5

The DEP explicitly mentions Objective-C as not part of the DEP. But
above you're mentioning Objective-C?

It should be just as easy to support Objective-C and Objective-C++ as
well from the perspective of the tool. For Objective-C it's basically
the C compiler but with .m files and for Objective-C++ it's the C++
compiler but with .mm files.

I mostly just wanted to keep the DEP small and focused, but adding Objective-C/C++ is indeed trivial once C/C++ is there (modulo some small additional features).