On Friday, 24 June 2016 at 07:35:51 UTC, Ruslan Mullakhmetov wrote:
Hi all!

I saw pure jpeg decoder was announced recently and I decided to publish pure D mpeg2 decoder that I wrote just for myself, with study aims.

I didn't test it exhaustively, so don't judge me for bugs)

Currently it supports only progressive sequences with no B frames.

As for performance, it's 5 times slower than ffmpeg implementation, optimizations are required.

link: https://github.com/theambient/mpeg2

Does someone want to write pure D AVC or HEVC decoder/encoder? =)

P.S. It sometimes has some artifacts, I didn't try to fix them.

Does it or do you plan to super decoding and and encoding programmatically (using built-in APIs)?