On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 12:56:48 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
After quite some preliminary discussions and preparations, new D Improvement Proposals handling process is finally happenning. Please read description and explanation here:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs

## Rationale

There are two main goals for going this way:

1) Ensure communication between language authors and DIP authors, establish better sense of actually contributing as opposed to simply throwing ideas into the black box.

2) Improve overall quality of DIP documents to the point where language authors can reasonably review them without spending too much time on trivialities.

Additional benefit I am hoping for is to have a centralized place to subscribe to learn about all coming major changes coming to language for those who can't keep up with NG regularly.

## Old DIPs

Right now https://github.com/dlang/DIPs repository contains archive folder with already implemented proposals imported from wiki (please tell me if there are any other already implemented DIPs that were not marked as such in wiki).

All authors of existing DIPs who want to keep pursuing the idea will have to re-submit them as a pull requests towards new repo. This is required so that we can filter abandoned proposals and focus on documents that have active authors backing them.

## DIP manager

I will act as a DIP manager for the time being. Please note that role of DIP manager does not imply any decision power regarding DIP approval, it remains an exclusive domain of language authors.

Can the new DIP process be used to evaluate library proposals? That way a high level design could be fleshed out and approved before the contributor goes too far with implementing a design which would be rejected.