On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 22:21:46 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

I took the first edition of this class, and it was the best MOOC I've taken (probably the only one for which I actually made it to the end). He is one of the few that does well with the format.

Ditto. It was a great class.

Note the statement "with a strong emphasis on functional programming" - as I recall, it was mostly a functional programming class, as you'd expect when the first two languages are Standard ML and Racket. Highly recommended for anyone that wants to go reasonably deep into functional programming. It's definitely NOT a beginning programming course.

The functional aspect was the reason I took it. It was fun playing around with ML and Racket and I got lot out of it.