Hello everyone,

Effective today the IRS has received the application of The D Language Foundation for tax-exempt (non-profit) status. An attorney and an accountant have helped me with the application. Going forward, they will work with us on a need basis.

Following the next few months we have an odd "limbo" status. After that (most likely before the end of this year) we will get a decision (or more questions) from the IRS.

This is an important milestone for the Foundation and for the D language development. The tax-exempt status will allow the Foundation to receive tax-advantageous donations from other organizations, and to fully use funds for the development of the language.

By the Foundation bylaws we defined, the officers of the Foundation (Walter, Ali, and myself) are not allowed to receive payment for their work on the Foundation.

Many thanks to our wonderful grass-roots and corporate community that has been ever so constructive and supportive in this endeavor.

Andrei