On Monday, 15 August 2016 at 04:56:07 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
On Sunday, 14 August 2016 at 10:11:25 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet wrote:
Isn't it what a scoped class is supposed to provide?

class Rnd {}

void foo() {
scope rnd = new Rnd; // reference semantic and stack allocated
}

Does that actually work in D2? I thought it was a D1-only thing.

Yes, but for some unknown to me reason it was deprecated (or it will be in the future) in favour of std.typecons.scoped. Actually, it is used in many places throughout DDMD, so I don't think its going away soon.