Hi.

I would like to publish a report of my work for this year GSoC. Over the last few months, I've been making improvements and fixing bugs for dstep.


You can check out the changes I've made by following this link:

https://github.com/ciechowoj/dstep/commits/master?author=ciechowoj

Among other things, I added support for translation of preprocessor macros (#define ...), added support for translation of comments, fixed some formatting problems, fixed the most of the issues from the dstep's GitHub issue list, made dstep to work on Windows and added plenty of little improvements.

Almost all changes (two more PRs are awaiting review) are already merged with the main dstep repository. You can grab an up-to-date version from here:

https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep

It was quite exciting experience for me, I've learned a lot about the D language (I wrote my first lines of the D code at the end of the last year). As for dstep, there is still some work that needs to be done, I'm going to continue to contribute to the project in foreseeable future.

All of this wouldn't have been possible without my mentor Russel Winder, our GSoC admin Craig Dillabaugh and dstep's author Jacob Carlborg, who reviewed tons of my code and helped with his advice. Great thanks for all of you for your support.

Best regards,
Wojciech Szęszoł

Reply via email to