On Saturday, 27 August 2016 at 15:34:04 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
On Saturday, 27 August 2016 at 15:19:40 UTC, Bill Hicks wrote:
On Saturday, 27 August 2016 at 05:57:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

We've never mocked Rust's safety features, although I have posted that they are too complex for D and desire a simpler system.

"A disharmonic personality. Reading any amount of Rust code evokes the joke 'friends don't let friends skip leg day' and the comic imagery (https://www.google.com/search?q=friends+don%27t+let+friends+skip+leg+day&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CB0QsARqFQoTCM_ViveKhMkCFUfZPgodVsgLsA&biw=1582&bih=1352) of men with hulky torsos resting on skinny legs". --Andrei

If that's not mockery, then how would you describe it?

On my phone so can only speak from memory, but if it serves then he went on to equally criticise D for its warts and blemishes. It would be cherry-picking to ignore context and just say that he threw mockery at rust.

Riiiiiiiiiiight!

Nothing has been taken out of context, so don't get it twisted. In his post Andrei did cover the disadvantages of D, but his tone was very different when talking about Rust and Go. And yes, he was mocking Rust and even teasing Go for that matter.

Andrei's Quora post was mostly a PR stunt: when your competition has a larger number of subscribers/users, you attack it in order to steal the spotlight. I haven't seen this kind of behavior from Rust or Go creators towards D.