On Monday, 19 September 2016 at 11:08:33 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
Glad to announce D 2.071.2.

http://dlang.org/download.html

This point release fixes many issues with the new lookup and import rules. It should be used as a stopgap version when updating older code. The deprecations, the old access checks, and the -transition=import/checkimports switches are planned to be removed with 2.073.x.

Those new rules should now be finalized and semantic changes, deprecations, as well as the -transition=import and -transition=checkimports switches should work as expected. Please file a bug if you have any problems.

Also see the changelog for more details.

http://dlang.org/changelog/2.071.2.html

-Martin

Thanks for releasing this.

On a slightly related note, I think it would be a good idea to branch off 2.072 and start beta testing right away, as it's been five months since the last point release, and A LOT has changed since then. I fear that we may see a huge number of regressions for this beta cycle because they've just been compounding over this time.