Hello everyone,

It is with great joy and honor to announce that Alexandru Razvan Caciulescu will work with the D Language Foundation starting today. Please join me in welcoming him to the community.

Alexandru is starting his Masters studies at University Politehnica Bucharest under the guidance of Assistant Professor Razvan Deaconescu. For his BSc thesis, Alex has done some pretty awesome work on machine code manipulation:

[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4S2zBPMzpHoNjdaR2RNczl0SHM
[2] https://github.com/radare/radare2

Razvan Deaconescu, together with Professor Razvan Rughinis, are leaders of Tech Lounge, a foundation dedicated to connect young researchers and finishing students with cool projects in the industry. (To clarify: we provide the "cool work" part.) Together we'll look for ways in which Alexandru can choose a MSc research topic that furthers both the state of the art in research and the standing of the D language.

I can't tell you how excited I am about this, and how much I'm counting to come from this starting collaboration between the two organizations.

For now Alexandru is on the on-boarding process, which itself is a nascent definition. I've been thinking of assigning him two weeks to get familiar with the toolchain, get comfortable with the language, and fix a few bugs. If you know of some particular issues that could be helped by his mad low-level skills, feel free to send them his way. He can be found at https://github.com/Darredevil/. In the long term, let's all help Alex find a great research project. Thanks!

Cheers,

Andrei