On Friday, 7 October 2016 at 21:21:43 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Friday, 30 September 2016 at 14:12:30 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 at 20:50:28 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
[...]

The paragraph I like the most there is: "The other important difference is that deferred_heap meets C++'s zero-overhead principle by being opt-in and granular, not default and global"

That is what I like the most about Herb's work...

We already have opt-in for the most part and I've been pushing for granular with isolated since at least 2014. So yeah, Herb's proposal is old news, but worse, it is kind of disappointing that it is anything new for the D community. I'm not sure if I or the community failed, but clearly there is a major failure here.

I don't know about failing - the isolated thing immediately reminded me of your proposal.

Atila